Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Custom Invitations : Katie & Steve

I rarely post any Milkmaid Press work on the blog, even though it's what keeps me the busiest, but after visiting with my friend (and client) Katie the other day for the first time after her wedding, I thought I would share her custom invitations as a little something different. Katie's invitations were custom designed and printed on my Luxury for Less Smooth Eco-Matte Cotton blend cover stock.
Katie and I have been friends for a long time. We met on a movie set and quickly bonded, and over the years, have remained close, so when she asked me to design her wedding invitations for her intimate, private DC Dinner Party reception this past November, I was beyond excited. Katie is every artists dream client. She's creative, unique and completely understands and appreciates the creative process. Plus, she's got a killer fashion sense and an amazing knowledge and love of anything vintage.When we sat down to mull over ideas for her stationery, she knew she wanted something quirky but beautiful, that reflected her and her fiance Steve's love of the Vintage, but was still swanky and dreamy. Nothing overly wedding like, but still, very much celebrating their marriage. We worked with a few vintage poster designs and finally settled on the warm reds and golds of this beautiful vintage illustration!


6 comments:

Lisa R. Nelson, CWS said...

What a beautifully creative invitation. So lovely!

Amanda @ Ruffled said...

Sounds like their wedding would make a great feature on Ruffled :)

Kristen Nichols said...

Amanda-I know! We're doing a post bridal shoot in a few weeks with some of her vintage gowns-i'll keep you posted!

Amanda @ Ruffled said...

Kristen, I will be patiently waiting for it!

Jennifer said...

Oh, these are absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful job you did!

KellyAnn said...

These invitations are so beautiful AND unique.

I'm really into different/nontraditional stuff and it never even occurred to me to get custom invitations (imagine that!)

Whatever I end up choosing will go great with the clear address labels that I already ordered from Bachcroft.com.

Luckily they'll "match" with anything :)