Friday, December 18, 2009

Matte Art

I admit I find a lot of cool things on etsy by typing in odd keywords. I discovered the wonderful world of Matte Art when I was looking for cat paintings, because, let's face it, I have a sickness, and the only cure is more Gracie cat! Luckily, my kitten obsession lead me to the beautiful and fantastic illustrations of Matte Stevens, a West Coast based artist with a style that reminds me of the vintage Shag posters, only with a more European flair in beautiful muted tones. If you are scrambling to find gifts for those who are hard to please, I can't imagine anyone not being genuinely delighted with one of these beautiful prints. The Central Park print is one of my favorites, and there are so many more amazing, limited edition prints for under $60 that you can't go wrong!



No comments: