Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter


Good Friday has always meant something a little more to me. I was originally born on Good Friday, and my mother refers to it as "my actual birthday" for personal reasons. She also always made us go to Church on Good Friday, so we would understand why Easter was such a joyous time. When I think of Easter, I think of bright colors, Easter Eggs, Peeps, the Bunny and just a feeling of Springtime merriment. But Good Friday was more of day to reflect on my spirituality, sacrifice, the importance of family and friendship and the true meaning of giving. Good Friday isn't like Easter, it's somber, yet reflective and I really appreciate all that it represents. I'm always happy to get my Good Friday phone call from my Mom, who after 29 years still sings me "Happy Birthday" when she calls.  So whoever you are and whatever you do or don't believe, have a wonderful Easter, and of course, a Good Friday.

No comments: